Have you got old perfume bottles lying around or are you nearly at the end of a bottle? Why not turn your perfume bottle into a little vase to hold a pretty flower. Here is our quick and easy tutorial for a DIY perfume bottle vase.
I had a bottle of L’eau d’issei by Issey Miyake that had gone off. I liked the shape of the pretty pink bottle and thought it would make a cute bud vase.
You Will Need:
- An empty or near empty perfume bottle
- A pair of pliers
- A knife or paint scraper
How to Remove the Sprayer from the Perfume Bottle
I followed these instructions on eHow. Here’s what I did:
- remove the lid from the bottle
- pull the spray nozzle off in an upward direction using your hands
- Use the pliers to pull off the outer casing of the sprayer
- Use a knife or paint scraper to lever up the crimped edge on the bottom edge of the sprayer
- Use the pliers and some brut strength to remove the sprayer from the bottle – I found it worked best to wiggle the sprayer from side to side as I pulled it upwards.
With the sprayer removed, your perfume bottle just needs a wash before you add the flower. The pink rose is from my garden.
I think I’ll have to start wearing my Chanel No 5 daily, as it would make such a pretty vase.
This is one of those projects that literally only takes 10 minutes to complete, and you’ll have some original decor to show for it.