Have you got old perfume bottles lying around or are you nearly at the end of a bottle? Why not turn your perfume bottle into a little vase to hold a pretty flower. Here is our quick and easy tutorial for a DIY perfume bottle vase.
I had a bottle of L’eau d’issei by Issey Miyake that had gone off. I liked the shape of the pretty pink bottle and thought it would make a cute bud vase.
You Will Need:
- An empty or near empty perfume bottle
- A pair of pliers
- A knife or paint scraper
How to Remove the Sprayer from the Perfume Bottle
I followed these instructions on eHow. Here’s what I did:
- remove the lid from the bottle
- pull the spray nozzle off in an upward direction using your hands
- Use the pliers to pull off the outer casing of the sprayer
- Use a knife or paint scraper to lever up the crimped edge on the bottom edge of the sprayer
- Use the pliers and some brut strength to remove the sprayer from the bottle – I found it worked best to wiggle the sprayer from side to side as I pulled it upwards.
With the sprayer removed, your perfume bottle just needs a wash before you add the flower. The pink rose is from my garden.
I think I’ll have to start wearing my Chanel No 5 daily, as it would make such a pretty vase.
This is one of those projects that literally only takes 10 minutes to complete, and you’ll have some original decor to show for it.
Join DIY Decorator
Get our access to our FREE Decorating Resource Library and Weekly Newsletter