We all know how simple it is to transform something with a little Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™. No sanding and no priming makes it quick and easy. Would you like to share your great creation with the world? Well now you can simply by sharing your photo with the hash tag #MadeItMyOwn with Annie Sloan.
Image: Annie Sloan
From now until the end of September, Annie Sloan fans can show off their projects by uploading a photo to the Annie Sloan Made it My Own page. It’s a great way to share your creations, and there are some great prizes to win so give it a go.
How To Share Your Project
1. Pick up an Annie Sloan frame from your nearest Annie Sloan stockist or print out your frame here.
2. Carefully cut out the middle section
3. Hold the frame in front of your painting project
4. Take a photo and upload it to the gallery
5. Share it with your friends and followers on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, adding #MadeItMyOwn and don’t forget to tag us @diydecorator so we can see it too.
Here are some Annie Sloan projects I have created at my place that I snapped on my phone so I could hold the frame in place.
This little white stool was originally painted a mustard colour and my husband rescued it out of a skip bin.
My TV cabinet was originally a dark Indonesian teak and is now Annie Sloan pure white. Can you imagine having to sand back all those bars? Definitely a job for chalk paint.
To make this blue and white print stand out from the wallpaper, I painted the mount with Napoleonic Blue.
In the same room, I had a dark timber dresser that just wasn’t working with the wallpaper, so it got a makeover with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ in Old White and I painted the inside of the shelves with Napoleonic Blue so it blended into the wall more.
Need some more inspiration? Check out this video.
Prizes are drawn on August 31st and September 30th. What will you create?