Maidenhair Ferns are a beautiful evergreen plant with lots of fine foliage but they can be a very delicate plant to look after and keep alive. Here are some quick tips on how to keep your fern alive and healthy.
They thrive in warm moist air and are excellent for terrarium plants. They are the perfect indoor plant and green accessory to add to your home and create a relaxed living space.
What your Maidenhair Likes
- keep your fern moist
- when indoors pop your fern in a brightly lit position, not in direct sunlight, as it would much prefer filtered light
- If your fern is outdoors keep it in a very shaded spot
- Regularly feed your fern with diluted liquid fertilisers (check with your local nursery).
- Your fern will love a moist position such as your bathroom
- Trim off any brown foliage as it appears
What your Maidenhair Fern doesn’t like
- Don’t allow your fern to dry out. Water a little bit and often.
- Don’t place your fern in a position where there is a draught.
- In winter keep your fern away from any heaters or fireplaces.
- They don’t like dark positions in the house, or direct sunlight. Select a well lit spot with filtered sunlight so as not to burn the foliage.
- Do not sit your maidenhair fern in a pot of water. It doesn’t like sitting in water.
Water often to keep moist. Plant your fern in a self watering pot to prevent your fern drying out. Just remember to top up the water from time to time.
Spray your fern with a fine mist from a water spray bottle, this will help to keep your fern moist.
We all love adding green foliage to our homes, and with these simple tips you will be able to keep your Maidenhair Fern healthier for longer.
Pin it to your board.