Today we want to share one of the most common decorating mistakes we see – Hide the bed base. It’s not pretty and it needs to be covered.
Image – Harvey Norman
The base that holds the mattress, sometimes known as an ensemble bed, is not meant to be seen. It’s function is to hold the mattress up off the floor, but the base and the castors should be decorated with a bed skirt or valance. Many modern beds come with a bed frame, so you don’t have to worry about covering what’s underneath the mattress, but if you have a bed base like the one above, here are some suggestions for covering it up.
1. Trelise Copper Valancing Act available in natural from EziBuy
2. Linen pleated valance available in Natural, Off-White and Charcoal from Lavender Hill Interiors
3. 100% Linen valnce/bed wrap from Eco Chic
4. Narbonne Linen Valance from Pillow Talk
5. Sophia Valance available in oyster or white from Ezi Buy
6. Victoria boxed valance available in sea foam, cream or pearl from Ezi Buy
7. Pure cotton quilted valance available in charcoal, cream, taupe and white from Ezi Buy
Now there’s no excuse not to cover up.
Now to announce the winner of our Annie Sloan giveaway. There were some great pieces that we saw, but the winner is Kylie (not me – a different one) who sent in these pictures by email:
Kylie, please contact us by email and we’ll sort your prize out. Thanks to everybody who entered.
Join DIY Decorator
Get our access to our FREE Decorating Resource Library and Weekly Newsletter