Who likes setting the table for Christmas? It’s one of my favourite things to do. I think it’s the designer in me. Always wanting to create a beautiful setting for friends and family to enjoy. This year’s theme is GOLD.
Creating a beautiful table setting is all about layering and filling the space. Here’s a quick video to show you how I did it.
I thought it would be fun to set the table up on the downstairs verandah, so I dragged my Pottery Barn Table (no longer available) outside.
It was easy to create the setting. It’s just about having a centrepiece and creating layers for each individual place setting.
To create the table centrepiece I used the star dish, added some candles and string lights, then filled the dish with baubles. The lights really make a difference. I just hid the battery compartment under one of the larger candles.
When creating a table setting it’s good to carry through a colour or theme. Here I’ve kept the colours to white and gold. I’ve also carried through the dots on the napkins, champagne flutes and place card holders.
Its always refreshing to include green foliage in the table setting. The mistletoe sprigs on the table tie in with the mistletoe berries on the wreath.
Here’s a list of the products I used:
- Gold charger plates from Pillow Talk
- Maxwell & Williams European dinner set from Zanui
- Confetti Sparkle Gold Napkins from Pillow Talk
- Gold cutlery from a second hand sale. Find similar Preston 16 piece cutlery set at Pillow Talk
- Celebration Champagne Glasses from Pillow Talk
- Star Decorative Plate from Pillow Talk
- Battery operated Wax Candles from Pottery Barn
- Starry copper LED string lights from Pillow Talk
- Gold ball garland – had for years. Try Christmas shops and discount shops for similar.
- Mistletoe from Overflow
- Gold bauble bane card holders from TK Maxx
- Louis XVI Hallway Table from Temple & Webster
- Berry wreath from Provincial Home Living
I hope you find some inspiration in this table setting and it helps you to create your own beautiful table setting for Christmas.
Join DIY Decorator
Get our access to our FREE Decorating Resource Library and Weekly Newsletter