DON’T KNOW WHERE TO START
WHEN IT COMES TO DECORATING YOUR HOME?
♦ You’ve seen photos of rooms you like, but don’t know how to get the look in your room.
♦ You procrastinate about buying items for your home because you’re scared they won’t work.
♦ You’re stuck and you just want some help.
YOU NEED A DECOR COACH
TO HELP YOU SOLVE YOUR DECORATING PROBLEMS
WHAT IS DECOR COACHING?
Decor coaching is one-on-one expert help and guidance for your home decorating projects. I explain what works and why it works so you have the confidence to decorate your home.
Each session is unique and completely tailored to you and your home. I focus on giving you the answers you need so you can move forward with your decorating goals.
YOU ARE THE BEST PERSON TO DECORATE YOUR HOME
(and I’m here to help you)
Decorating your home doesn’t need to be stressful. In fact, it should be an enjoyable experience. Let’s create a plan so you can have a relaxed and happy home that makes you feel good when you walk in the door.
Let’s face it! Often you are either short on time or money to complete your decorating projects. You may not be in the position to hand over thousands of dollars and achieve your dream room in one day.
Having a decorating plan allows you to visualise the whole room, and you can gradually work towards achieving that look. Each little project takes you one step closer to your goal, without wasting time or money on making major decorating mistakes.
CHOOSE THE COACHING THAT WORKS FOR YOU
ASK A QUESTION
A ONE HOUR 1 on 1 coaching session online (FaceTime/Skype/Phone/email) or in-person (Brisbane inner suburbs) to get answers to your decorating questions.
Questions such as:
- what size rug should I get?
- how high should I hang my mirror/artwork?
- what colour accent cushions should I use?
- where can I buy …..? (that piece of furniture or decor that you are having trouble finding)
- what do I do with …? (that empty corner of the room you don’t know what to put there)
We will work through your questions, and I will explain my answers so you understand what will work and why it works.
PREPARE A ROOM DECORATING PLAN
We work together to create a complete decorating plan for ONE room in your home.
We start with a questionnaire to learn about your room and decorating style (your decorating homework). Then we get together online (Face Time/Skype/Phone/email) or in-person (Brisbane inner suburbs) to discuss ideas and solutions. I follow up with a complete decorating plan for your room, that you can follow in your own time and according to your budget, putting you in control.
Your plan may include:
- A floor plan to show how to arrange your furniture
- Styling sketches or a mood board to show the decorating scheme
- A step by step Action Plan
- A complete Shopping List for furniture and decor
- Decorating tips and cheat sheets to help you pull it all together
WHAT DOES A ROOM PLAN LOOK LIKE?
HOW IS DECOR COACHING DIFFERENT TO INTERIOR DESIGN?
Decor coaching is not a full interior design service. I do not buy and sell furniture and decor on your behalf, and install it all for you in a package. Instead, I help you come up with a decorating plan that you can achieve on your own, in your own time and according to your budget.
As an independent consultant, I can recommend furniture, lighting, decor and more from a wide range of retail shops and online suppliers. I don’t put a mark-up on items and sell them to you for a profit. I just find the items I think will work best in your home and give you a link to that product. You control what you buy. You can wait for an item to go on sale or you can shop around. If you find a similar item elsewhere for a lower price, that’s completely okay. At least you know it will work in your scheme.
I WANT COACHING. WHAT DO I DO?
I WANT TO ASK QUESTIONS
- Choose the package that suits you best – online or in-person
- I’ll contact you to schedule an hour together and find out what sort of questions you have
- We’ll get together and work through your questions
- Before we finish, I’ll make sure you have all the information you need and your questions are answered
Investment $90 / $115
I WANT A DECORATING PLAN FOR MY ROOM
- Choose a package that suits you best – online or in-person
- I’ll contact you and send you your decorating homework (answer some questions and take some photos and measurements)
- You send me the information about your room and I’ll contact you to schedule an hour together
- I’ll review all the information you sent me and prepare for our time together
- We’ll get together and talk through ideas for your room
- After our meeting, I’ll prepare your decorating plan based on everything we discussed and send it to you.
- You can now confidently work your way through the plan in your own time.
Investment $250 / $275
BEFORE & AFTERS
You can’t always magically transform a room overnight, but with a decorating plan you can achieve the look you’re after one step at a time.
In this room the floors were stripped back and stained throughout the whole upper floor of the home (big investment). Then the wallpaper was removed and the walls painted (DIY job). A much larger rug anchors the room. New cushions and a linen throw were added. Finally decor accessories were added and styled.
It’s amazing what a coat of paint and a metre of fabric can achieve.
What colour grout should I use on my white subway tiles and marble feature tiles?
Together, Ang and I chose a grey coloured grout that would not detract from the marble herringbone tiles, but would give some definition to the white subway tiles.
Are you ready to finally start creating a home you’ll love?