I made these cute life buoy decorations to add to my Coastal Christmas tree. Christmas shops are overflowing with decorations of snow related objects, but are a little light on when it comes to a coastal Christmas theme. So I made my own and I’m pretty happy with how they turned out. The are easy to make.
How to Make Life Buoy Decorations
Watch this short video or read below to see how I made my life buoy decorations.
You Will Need:
- White curtain rings – I already had some but find similar white curtain rings at Bunnings
- Paint – I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Napoleanic Blue and Resene Arrowtown
- Washi tape or masking tape 15mm wide
- String or twine – I used natural jute twine from the hardware shop
- Paint brush
- Cut lengths of washi tape and place on greaseproof paper
- Paint washi tape
- Cut twine to 20cm or 8″
- Thread twine around the curtain rod and through the loop at the top
- Cut washi tape into 5cm 2″ strips
- Wrap washi tape around the curtain rings so you catch the twine on the edge
- Use 4 pieces of washi tape around each curtain ring, spacing them evenly apart
- Tie a knot in the top of the twine and cut off any excess
So easy and super cute.
Read How to Make mini Boat Oar decorations here