Inspired by my beautiful new oars from Oars Galore, I decided to make some mini boat oar decorations for my Coastal Christmas tree. They are easy to make, and add a special touch to the tree.
How to Make Boat Oar Decorations
Watch this short video or read below to see how I made my boat oar decorations.
You Will Need:
- Miniature boat oars – I bought several packs of 8 for $2.49 from Overflow
- Paint – I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Pure White and Napoleanic Blue
- Wax – I used Annie Sloan Dark Wax
- String or twine – I used natural jute twine from the hardware shop
- Assorted paint brushes
Blue & White Boat Oars
- Paint the oars white all over
- Paint a blue edge at the bottom of the oars
Natural Boat Oars
- Brush the oars all over with dark wax
- Paint the bottom edge of the oar white
- Paint a thin stripe across the oar
- Place one oar over the top of the other in a cross formation
- Use a hot glue gun to glue the 2 oars together
- Cut a piece of twine 25cm or 10″ long
- Thread the twine through the oars and tie
Aren’t they the cutest little decoration?
Read How to Make the Life Buoy Decorations here
If you make some, please tag me in the photo on Facebook or Instagram so I can see.
Join DIY Decorator
Get our access to our FREE Decorating Resource Library and Weekly Newsletter