Bookends are a great object to use when styling your bookcase. They are both practical as they stop the books toppling over, and decorative, adding interest to your shelves. You can use bookends as a pigeon pair to hold up a group of books, or split them up to anchor one end of the books only.
Image Sources – The Inspired Room, Gal Meets Glam (find similar Poodle bookends at Period Details), Better Homes & Gardens
One of the secrets to styling a bookcase is to break up the shelves into vertical and horizontal sections, and bookends are a great way to do this. There are a wide range of bookends available ranging from elegant to novel. Here are some of our favourite finds.
DIY Decorator Sourcebook
1. Sausage Dog bookends from HisGifts
2. Green Bicycle bookends from Mama’s Home
3. White Whale bookends from Dear September
4. Chirpy Bird bookends from Penny Scallan
5. Arrow metal bookends from Pottery Barn
6. Dog bookends from Bed Bath n’ Table
7. Roman Bust bookends from EziBuy
8. Eiffel Tower bookends from Blue Illusion
I had so much fun finding bookends. You can see more on our Decorator Accents Pinterest Board
Don’t forget our Annie Sloan giveaway ends tonight. If you haven’t entered yet, you can do so now.